Family & Relationship Property Service

We can assist you with any disputes relating to your children's care and upbringing including day to day care arrangements, contact, relocation, guardianship disputes, Hague Convention or adoption matters. Our lawyers are registered providers of the Family Legal Advice Service (FLAS). We can assist you before you attend Family Dispute Resolution (FDR).

If you are a victim of domestic violence who is experiencing physical, emotional or psychological abuse, we can help you. This may include an application for a Protection Order to promote your safety.

At VM Easy Migration we have one of the largest family law practices in New Zealand and for over many years our specialist family lawyers have been helping our clients achieve successful outcomes when dealing with family matters. We pride ourselves on taking a strategic approach to assist clients with resolution of their family law issues. Ensuring the best possible outcome for a client often involves a thorough analysis of our client's situation and objectives very early on in the process. A clear plan of action and a carefully reasoned approach at the outset often our client's overall cost and avoids unnecessary argument.

Related Case Studies of Family & Reationship Property

Relationship agreements (Contracting Out Agreements)

A Contracting Out Agreement (also known as a “pre-nuptial agreement” or ... ideally be signed before the relationship property laws under the Act begin to apply.


Separation and divorce can be a confusing and traumatic time for both you and your children, especially if the children see their parents struggle to.


When a person is too young to make decisions or is incapacitated and can no longer care for their own interests, guardian law allows the court to appoint someone to make legal and welfare decisions for them.

Dissolution of marriage

In a dissolution, you and your spouse must agree on all issues involved in ending your will decide how to divide marital property, manage child custody and, when applicable, handle support issues for children and spouses.

Enduring Powers of Attorney

An Enduring Power of Attorney is a legal document where you (the 'donor') give someone (the 'attorney') the power to make financial, healthcare, personal, and medical research decisions for you.

Property and Personal Care and Welfare

You can appoint someone (called your “attorney”) to make decisions about issues like where you’ll live, who’ll look after you and what medical treatment you might need.

Estate administration

Estate Administration. Whenever a person dies, his or her estate needs to be collected and managed. Estate administration involves gathering the assets of the estate, paying the decedent's debts, and distributing the remaining assets.


In some situations, couples may legally separate without the intention of proceeding with divorce. We can assist you to negotiate terms of a separation which can include financial issues, property division, spousal support, child custody and child support.


The process will likely go smoother when the decedent has drafted a will prior to his or her death. If an individual dies with a will, a probate lawyer may be hired to advise parties such as the executor of the estate or a beneficiary on various legal matters.

Need any help!

Find answers to frequently asked questions about Immigrations, Visa and Estate Planing

VM Easy Migration take pride in their client-focused approach to the law and are steadfast in their commitment to serve their clients’ best interests by tailoring individual solutions based on individual circumstances. We provide personal one-on-one counseling to about 40,000+ individual inquiries every month for migrating, study and work visas.

Contact Us

Quick Contact

Keep in touch!

I'll get back to you as quickly as possible